216 John Street, call Listing Agent
Bydale is a breathtaking 43 acre estate which has been cherished by the same family for nearly a century. The magical setting encompasses frontage on Richmond Hill, John St and Bedford Road. Dating to 1735, an incredibly charming 9 bedroom main house abounds with old world charm. The handsome colonial boasts 5 FPs and wide plank floors with lovely formal rooms. The expansive property features 2 ponds, 2 swimming pools and a clay tennis court. Numerous out buildings incl a guest house where George Gershwin reportedly composed parts of “An American In Paris,” a second guest house, caretaker’s cottage and a barn with office and 3 room apt. The 43 acres are being offered as one parcel, with an approved 8 lot subdivision. Truly an unparalleled opportunity to own a piece of Greenwich history.
- MLS® #4743195
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5,153
- Year Built1735
- TypeSingle Family
- Estimated Tax$70,449
- AmenitiesAdditional Land, Barn, Eat in Kitchen, Formal Dining Room, Guest Quarters, Hardwood Floors As Seen, Horse Property, In Ground Pool, Laundry Room/Private, Master Bath, Powder Room, Privacy, Tennis
- FeaturesDishwasher, Dryer, Generator, Refrigerator, Washer
- ParkingDriveway, Garage Parking, Private Parking
- Has PoolYes
- ConstructionPost and Beam
- Listing Office:Houlihan Lawrence Inc.
- Address216 John Street
- Citycall Listing Agent
- Zip Code06831
- HeatingHot Water
- # of Fireplaces5
- DistrictCall Listing Agent
- Elementarycall Listing Agent
- Middlecall Listing Agent
- Highcall Listing Agent
The data relating to real estate for sale or lease on this web site comes in part from HGMLS. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Ragetté Real Estate are marked with the HGMLS logo or an abbreviated logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
© 2018 Hudson Gateway Multiple Listing Service, Inc. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on March 24th, 2018 at 2:13am EDT.